Aaron Zenz received a degree in art and, since then, has been working as an illustrator, graphic designer, multimedia designer, toy designer and graphic recorder. He is also a college instructor in fine arts and an author.
But, even with such accomplishments, Aaron needed inspiration. So, he invited the kids in Michigan to draw and send their monster designs. He received a total of 3,000 entries and spent the whole summer picking out drawings that inspired him the most.
He rendered these designs in coloured pencils to create pieces of ‘fan art’. For this, he used the same technique that he uses in illustrating picture books. After his rendering, Aaron posted them on ‘Monsters Go’.
His collection is on display during ArtPrize 2017 in Grand Rapids Michigan, outside the Children’s Museum. Throughout the duration of ArtPrize, kids continue to submit designs and Aaron keeps creating new fan art monsters, live on-site.
Are these works of art at ‘Monsters Go’ for sale? The good news is that Aaron is game for it!If you are interested in purchasing this artwork, here’s how to go about it:
- As a first step, contact Aaron at email@example.com and put ‘Monsters Go Artwork’ in the email subject line.
- If you want to commission a new piece of reimagined-kid-drawing artwork, you will need to shell out $125 that is his current commission rate. Do note that he takes only the first 30 requests.
- You can even buy his artwork from the Monsters Go ArtPrize entries. The rate remains the same, that is, $125.
- You will not get the designs created both by kids and Aaron for this price since Aaron gives first priority to parents and families. For outsiders, this entails a waiting period.
- If you are lucky enough to be related to the kid, whose drawing Aaron has created in his own style, you will need to spend only $65 that includes your kid’s design as well.
If you are the kid’s parents or family members and are interested in buying Aaron’s rendering of your kid’s design, all you need to do is to email him, mentioning your child’s name and the location where the design was created – particular school or at ArtPrize. The deadline for this is November 15, 2017, after which the artwork will be sold to outsiders.
One look at Aaron’s creations and you feel like owning them all!
Website | Facebook | Twitter | ArtPrize