The name is Furbo Dog Camera and its claim is it notifies important dog-related events happening at home while you are away, in addition to general motion and sound alerts. This camera was produced after taking into consideration inputs from over 5,000 vets and professional dog trainers. Furbo differs from generic security cameras, as it is designed to alleviate your dog’s separation anxiety.
It is loaded with many features:
● 1080P Full HD camera and night vision: It lives streams and provides a 160-degree wide-angle of whatever is happening with your pet at home in your absence. This way it effectively monitors your pet both day and night. You can see this live streaming on your phone.
● Two-way audio and barking alert: Equipped with a barking sensor, the camera is able to detect when your dog is barking. It provides you the facility of two-way communication by which you can calm your pet down.
● Fun treat tossing: Furbo has provision for holding your dog’s favorite treats. With Furbo’s app, available both on iOS and Android, you can toss a treat to your dog to keep it engaged and happy.
● Dog-friendly color signals: It emits two colored lights that dogs can see – yellow and blue. These twin color lights light up alternately to catch the dog’s attention.
● Other features: It has noise and echoes suppression and provision for clicking pictures and making a video. It also comes with Furbo Dog Nanny for a 90-day free trial.
Although this $200 camera enjoys a rating of 4-Stars on Amazon, it has some drawbacks too. The one grouse that many users have is about its basic functions that only includes live feed and treat dispenser. If you want a person alert, barking alert, and selfie alert, you have to opt for a premium package that has a monthly charge.
Some users complain of poor connectivity, bark sensor getting activated by other sounds, poor visibility afforded by the night camera, etc. However, Furbo still commands a 66 percent 5-Star rating on Amazon.