This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Deepak Mehla 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Deepak Mehla
    Keymaster

The Centenarian Is The World’s Oldest Barber Who’s Still Going Strong At 107

107 year old barber in newyork city

There are many skills that require a steady hand and one of them is haircutting. Now, who’d want to submit oneself to a barber with unsteady hands? No one, I’m sure. But, here’s a barber all of 107 years who are still going strong at this tottering old age!

Meet the oldest barber in the world, Anthony Mancinelli, working full time at Fantastic Cuts, a salon an hour’s drive from the New York City. And he has some old customers who won’t settle for any other barber. Says John O’Rourke, one of Anthony’s old customers, “I don’t let anyone else touch my hair. The guy’s been cutting hair for a century.”

Anthony started working in barbershops since he was just an 11-year-old kid. And, do you know who was the US president at that time, it was Warren Harding!

Of course, Anthony’s achievement has not gone unnoticed. He was recognized by the Guinness World Records as the oldest working barber. This happened in 2007 when he was just 96 years old. Since then, every year he has been receiving commendations from not only the barbering communities but also from local civic groups and elected officials.

As far as this trim built, white-haired barber’s working skills are concerned, he still has a steady hand and spends most of the day on his feet serving customers. This in itself is a great feat for a 107-year-old!

Via: NYTimes

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.